Triangle Motors was founded in 1978 when Tom Meacham bought a Texaco gas station on Route 40 with only two service bay. In 1980, Triangle Texaco hired Kevin Riffle who will be celebrating 42 years with Triangle Motors this year. During the early 1970's a new Japanese car company began to gain ground in the states. That company was Honda. With Hondas being affordable and much better for gas mileage then some of the larger American cars they quickly gained ground. This gave Tom the idea, why don't we specialize in Hondas?
Needless to say business boomed and Triangle gained a reputation for being The Honda specialists in Frederick County and so they changed from being a gas station into a full-time service garage with 5 service bays. Once again business boomed and Triangle working on Acuras (Hondas luxury brand) and Triangle gained long-time employees Brian and Matt as technicians. In the late 1990's the decision was made to move the business to a new and larger location to what was called Evergreen Point at the Time. In 2002, Triangle outgrew its house again and moved to its current location 1790 North Market St, where the business has been ever since. With 12 service bays, a full-time sales, service, and rental staff Triangle Motors has become a Frederick landmark known for its friendly, small-town feels and Honda expertise.